Migration Assistant Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wrkactjob, Dec 27, 2011.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Im trying to help set up the wifes new Air, we used Migration prog to transfer the music from her old windows laptop.

This would be the music from her iTunes, the migration ended successfully, but I cant find any of it on the Mac! Where will it be? There seems to be nothing in her new itunes there?

:eek::confused:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Did you check the Music folder in the home folder on the Mac? If you did, and the files are there, but iTunes simply isn't seeing them, there's an easy fix. Quit iTunes if it is running. Then, hold Alt/Option and start iTunes again. It will ask you about a library. Click Choose Library... and navigate to the folder you found earlier. Click Open. iTunes will take care of the rest.

3. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Im at work right now but will check when I get home. Thanks for your advice!

4. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

I'm having this exact same problem, as ALL of the files (photos, documents, music) are missing. System info says they are on the computer, but are nowhere to be found. Migration Assistant even set up another user and they are not there either. Spotlight and Finder can't find them. So frustrating,.

5. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

After a call to Apple Support, this is the solution to my problem. Apparently, the Mac and PC were not playing nice and the MA transferred everything into a folder under the Users folder with MY name, even though I only transferred thw wife's stuff. After we found it, I had to manually transfer everything into iTunes, iPhoto, etc. It has been a major PITA and needless to say, I'm a little disappointed in Apple as this is my first Mac product and I'm having to find and do things like a Windows machine.