Migration Assistant won't

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jpenniii, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jpenniii macrumors newbie

I used migration assistant to load my new macbook pro. Snow leopard on both from my time machine back up. It did not copy any documents from pages, numbers or keynote. No iphoto or itunes either. They are all there on my time machine back ups.

2. drtech macrumors newbie

We get this question quite a bit. It often is not a case of the data not being transferred but rather it is in an unexpected location on your computer.

Ensure that Migration Assistant didn't put them into a different user. Migration Assistant will create users on the new Mac with the same names as the users on your old Mac. It does not load a new user created on the new Mac with the data from the old users.

To check, open System Preferences, select Accounts, and check in there are other accounts in the left panel. If so, you can logon to one of these accounts by logging out of the current user (Apple Menu) and logging back in as one of the other users.

I would check this first. If this does not solve the issue, there certainly are other steps to take to transfer the data.

Jeff