Migration Assistant

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maestro55, Feb 21, 2009.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not. However, I was just rather excited. The other day one of the users that I support purchased a new MacBook Pro, and so his wife was going to get his old MacBook Pro and then we were going to take his wives old system (a MacBook) and redeploy it to another user in the field. However, before we did that we wanted to make sure all her documents/settings were on the MacBook Pro. So I went ahead and wiped the old MacBook Pro clean and then used Migration assistant from the MacBook to move all of her documents and settings.

Needless to say this was the easiest migration I have ever done to a new system. And I am extremely happy that I work in an environment is mostly made up of Macintosh computers. So while all of you here know that Migration Assistant is the best, I am mostly writing this thread for those who do not yet own Macintosh computers

2. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

its not often that people take time out of their lifes to praise the goodness of owning a mac. Most people only take the time when they are gonna complain.... thats hyw these forums seem littered by complaints and issues with OS X, i hate it because it makes a new-comer think OS X is just as bad as windows.

Truth is just very few people give OS X credit for the things it does exceptionally well and most people focus on its shortcomings. (then again thats how everything in the world is )