Migration from OSX Version 10.4.11 to OSX Leopard Server

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by rjtmacturner, Dec 2, 2008.

1. rjtmacturner macrumors newbie

:confused::confused:

What is the path for migrating apps and data from an OSX Tiger machine to an OSX Leopard Server?

There is no Migration Tool available that I can find that specifically says it will make this migration safely.

Help -- any advice or pathways will help.

Thanks in advance.....

:confused::confused:

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You can upgrade in the usual way from 10.4.11. You can always make a clone of your Tiger server incase you come across any issues. You can export all (or individual) settings with the serveradmin command:

serveradmin settings all > server_settings.txt

You can also export service settings using Server Admin application. Select Server > Export > Service Settings. You can backup Open Directory through Server Admin (Archive pane).

3. rjtmacturner thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Sky Blue - ;)

I do not have Tiger Server but just an eMac running 10.4.11. Can the migration tool be used to move apps and data. Moving the few settings I have will be no problem even if done manually.

Just do not want to go through all of the individual installs.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Oh, sorry. I misread.
    Tiger Client to Leopard Server? I don't know.
    Why run 10.5 Server on an eMac?

5. rjtmacturner thread starter macrumors newbie

Not running it on an eMac. Running it on a Core Duo iMac. Just wanting to migrate apps and data from the eMac to the new iMac with Server.