Migration Help Needed

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Plutonius, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I recently got an intel desktop Mac running Leopard to replace my PPC laptop Mac running tiger.

I connected my two Macs via firewire and placed the PPC laptop in target mode when I first started up my new Mac in order to transfer everything over. Unfortunately, my laptop kept locking up (not sure if it was because Intel/PPC or Tiger/Leopard) so much of it didn't transfer.

I need to manually get the following transfered and was hoping someone could help.

1) My email: I did a search and someone suggested moving the user\library\mail folder to the new Mac but that didn't work (going from tiger to leopard ?). How can I move my email from my Tiger Mac to my Leopard Mac ?

2) Address Book: In the past, I would just export to vcard and then import it back in. On my tiger Mac, I was able to export to vcard but on my Leopard Mac, the vcard inport option was grayed out. Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

3) Safari Bookmarks: Not sure how to get my bookmarks from the Tiger Mac to the new Leopard Mac

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

have you
    Verify / repair the laptop drive?

You might want to do migration assistant with
    Try a different firewire cable
    Try ethernet cable

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Good point. where can I run the migration assistant from (I thought you could only run it once as a part of the setup).