Migration options descriptions?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wheelie4, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Does anybody know exactly what option #1 and option #2 actually entails? I would like to fully know what these actually represent. The network part I understand. Any explanation is greatly appreciated and as much detail as possible the better to understand. Thank you. :)

Attached Files:

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Other files and folders -- folders and files that are not in the Home folder, or are otherwise required by the OS.

Computer and network settings -- user preference files, application preference files, etc.

3. Wheelie4 thread starter macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Thank you. I don't want to do a complete fresh install but I would like to format and reinstall Yosemite and just migrate my user account over. I would just looking for what option not to choose so that my system preferences within my user account would be fresh. It looks like not choosing "computer and network settings" would be the way to do that. I've been trying to set "show scrollbars" under general to "automatically based on mouse or trackpad" but it always returns back to "always". In the root account which I don't use it set on "automatically based on mouse or trackpad".