Mika: 'No one can compare with Michael'

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
4,277
5,174
England
He certainly is. Shame he can be such a dick though!

I miss Mika. He used to really make me laugh with his little jokey comments in the press conferences that just used to fall flat. Great driver too and the only serious rival that Shumey has had in recent times. Who can forget his stunning 180mph piece of overtaking of Michael at Spa in 2000......fantastic!
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
JFreak said:
the... best... F1-racing... moment... EVER :)
it was a dandy move wasn't it... :D Mansell on Berger at Mexico '90 was better though. ;)
 

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
1,564
6
Australia
Brazil?

My favourite moment is that time Montoya overtook Schumacher in Brazil, I think. It was Montoya's first year in F1.
 

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
1,527
0
“I don’t think anyone will be able to do what Michael has.” said Hakkinen to Autosport

This is sooo true!
:D
 

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
13,789
2,873
Sod off
Thanks Mika, like I didn't already know that.... :rolleyes:

Kimi may not dominate the sport like Schu has, but I think he should be worth 2 or 3 championships at least, as long as he stays in a decent car.
 

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
4,277
5,174
England
Lord Blackadder said:
Kimi may not dominate the sport like Schu has, but I think he should be worth 2 or 3 championships at least, as long as he stays in a decent car.
Definitely. I love to watch him race. He looks so purposeful in the car. Shame that he's a personality vacuum really. Ice Man my arse!
 

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
4,277
5,174
England
iGav said:
it was a dandy move wasn't it... :D Mansell on Berger at Mexico '90 was better though. ;)
But still not as good as the battle between Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux for second place in the 1979 French Grand Prix. Now that is how F1 should be all of the time and not the procession that it is today.
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
MacRy said:
But still not as good as the battle between Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux for second place in the 1979 French Grand Prix.
aha... but that's what you get when you have a great driver in a crap car, fighting a crap driver in a great car. ;)
 

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
4,277
5,174
England
iGav said:
aha... but that's what you get when you have a great driver in a crap car, fighting a crap driver in a great car. ;)
In that case maybe Ferrari should just swap Massa forSchumacher......love to see him in a Sauber.....or BMW.....whatever.
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
MacRy said:
In that case maybe Ferrari should just swap Massa forSchumacher......love to see him in a Sauber.....or BMW.....whatever.
But he's already done that... look at the years '96 - '00 pure magic. :)
 

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
4,277
5,174
England
iGav said:
But he's already done that... look at the years '96 - '00 pure magic. :)
Absolutely. Maybe he should try the same again to spice things up a bit for him......and us.
 

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
9,025
1
Counterfit said:
I wouldn't exactly call the Ferrari 312's crap cars... (some of their others though, :rolleyes: )
It was at that race though... Villeneuve was fighting that car from the very start.

Anyway... here's Mika and Schu at Hungary, there was a lot of respect between those two.
 

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
8,201
0
sitting on your shoulder
iGav said:
there was a lot of respect between those two.
Still is too I bet ;)

I wish I could find a clip I saw on some show, probably Motorsport Mundial, of MIka taking his wife for a spin in the two-seater Mc-Laren,


on snow. :eek: I wonder what "Honey slow down!" is in Finnish... :rolleyes:
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.