Milanese Band Issues?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by CACTUARU, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CACTUARU macrumors member

Just got the Stainless Steel Series 3 with the Milanese Band, and it doesn't seem to have much of a magnetic grip to it. Is this common? Any one else experience this?

2. ANDJOE macrumors regular

ANDJOE

No that’s a malfunction. Never heard of this.

3. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Waiting for UPS to deliver mine. I’ll let you know when it gets here. Might have to take it back to Apple. I’m not spending $200 on a band that doesn’t secure it or feels like the cheap $40 knockoffs at Best Buy. Plus no display box now, ugh for $800 Apple is starting to let quality slip.

4. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

OP definitely has a defective band. I have 10€ knockoff milanese band that has so strong magnet that it's actually difficult to open.

5. ronm99 macrumors 6502

I had a SS Series-0 with milanese loop, and I just got my space black Series-3 with milanese loop. My original watch had a decent magent, but it was not super strong (it would loosen a bit while running). My new watch has a much stronger magnet that is easy to remove, but very secure at the same time. I'm loving the space black, but I am still undecided about the red dot on the crown.

6. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

Just walked out with the space black. So torn on even opening it or waiting until my last return day to see if silver comes in stock.

7. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Obviously something like this is a personal preference, but I much prefer the space black to my original stainless!

I believe that Apple has a 14-day no questions asked return policy, so you could try it out and see how you like it.

8. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

You are right and I definitely should. My only concern is the variety of bands that go well with the black.

Especially casual ones.

9. Tomloes macrumors member

I remember some people having an issue where there was a hard to see plastic cover that was restricting the magnet, maybe check that.

10. ronm99 macrumors 6502

The silver case probably does go well with more bands. But I have quite a few bands, and I think all of them look great with the black case. My bands tend to be either black or "colorful". In particular, I think the "pride" band looks really good with the black.

11. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

I think there is a thread around here somewhere for space black owners and showing off their watch.

I’ll havw to revisit it before making my decision.

12. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I can confirm the Apple Milanese loop for the S3 is not loose.

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple can send you a replacement band at no cost to you. They just will ask the defective band be returned back to them.

14. HDFan macrumors 65816

I replaced my Series 0 Milanese with a stainless link because the magnet did not hold.