Milanese Loop and Macbook Pro (SG and Silver)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vatter69, Jan 11, 2017.

1. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Curious if anyone has the Milanese Loop on his Apple Watch and experienced scratches on his SpaceGrey Macbook.

Wanted to buy one for Christmas but now after having the SG 2016 Macbook i am not so sure if it's a smart move. I searched the forum but can only find posts how the band itself is getting scratches.

Mods - Not sure where to post this - it affects both Macbook and Watch. Feel free to move if necessary.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Any metal watch strap will scratch a metal object. You'd be best to not wear a watch or ensure it's fabric (Buckle can cause issue too).

3. htc fan macrumors 6502

4. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

I swapped back to my black band after I noticed the Milanese loop resting on the MacBook. I only use the Milanese when I'm not working now.

5. danniexi macrumors 6502

i have yet to scratch my tbMBP with either my Milanese loop or Link bracelet.

6. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The leather loop is the safest option.

8. vatter69, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

vatter69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Currently using the Nylon band. I noticed that i sometimes get in touch with the buckle so i thought the Milanese would be a nightmare. Just looking for more feedback really from new MBP owners.

9. Rkuda macrumors regular

Rkuda

So far I haven't caused any scratches on my older 2013 MBP or the new Touchbar MBP with the Milanese band. I do try and be careful with it especially with a new computer.

I'm also considering getting a clear skin from best skins ever just to be on the safe side though.