Milanese Loop during exercise

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I just got my Milanese Loop. Until now I've had the Black Sport Band.

I was planning to swap out the Loop for the Sport Band every time I go running or play soccer, but has anyone found the Loop to be ok during these activities?

I'm mostly worried about sweat damaging the Loop rather than it slipping/moving.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I just got my Milanese Loop. Until now I've had the Black Sport Band.

I was planning to swap out the Loop for the Sport Band every time I go running or play soccer, but has anyone found the Loop to be ok during these activities?

I'm mostly worried about sweat damaging the Loop rather than it slipping/moving.
The loop is stainless steel.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Defiantly the sports band. The milanese loop is for fashion, luxury look to the watch. When exercising the sports bands is recommended.

3under2

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Stockholm, Sweden
I exercised with the milanese loop every day until I received my sports bands (about a month). I had no issues with the band at all. Now that I have the BSB and WSB, I haven't exercised in the loop at all.

Reactions: racerhomie

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
The only reason why I prefer exercising with my sport band instead is because the milanese loop tends to loosen during a workout (running or racquetball). So I have to keep readjusting it because I'm looking for heart rate monitoring to work.

wvayens

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
I replaces my sport band with the milanese loop a couple of weeks ago and play tennis with it every day for 2-3 hours. I sweat a lot and it's not been a problem at all. I do, however, wear a sweat band on that wrist and since it's wide enough, it keep it over my watch, and still no problems.