Milanese Loop for Running

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by activate, Apr 26, 2015.

1. activate macrumors regular

Hey, wondering if anyone has had a run or even the gym with the Milanese loop watch. How does the band hold up ?
    Thanks.

2. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

Related question I had here regarding the Milanese loop for workouts, unfortunately no answers yet:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1874079
    (Sorry I can't seem to make this a hyperlink without my browser crashing and I don't know the board code to do it manually)

3. activate thread starter macrumors regular

i'm imagining it to be ok but its always nice to know. I don't think the sweat should be too much of an issue considering that its metal. I just hope that the band doesn't slip or loosen.

4. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

I shook the heck out of it and it didn't give, but like you I will be interested to see if it slips over time with the rhythmic motion.

5. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Have you already got yours ? Have you worn it in the shower yet :eek:

6. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

Yeah I picked it up at UPS first thing Friday... And no way did I wear it in the shower lol

7. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Guess I'll have to be the first one..:( The videos have convinced me! :D

8. surferfb macrumors member

surferfb

I've been on two runs with it since Friday. It holds well - I just make sure to tighten it right before I start running, with maybe one tightening during the run (I was doing around 5km). That said, I hope the sports band I ordered arrives soon - I'd feel more secure with it on.

9. activate thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. I know that I am not going to be too lazy to swap bands.

10. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I've only used it on a fast walk, not a run, but it was very secure. The magnet is much stronger than I expected. Sometimes it's too strong and difficult to get off. I don't think it will be a problem.

11. jbmacfan macrumors member

I ran a 5K race today with my 42mm Apple Watch with Milanese loop and it held up well. Does feel a teeny bit heavy, but it didn't bother me too much. As previously said you want to keep it tight or it will feel like it is moving around. I also did a workout on Sat that contained some barbell push presses, ball slams, deadlifts, and air squats and watch held up well then too. Only issue I find that I am sure happens to all models of watches is that the angle of your hand when you are pressing weight overhead can cause Siri to launch since it pushes on the digital crown.

12. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

I haven't run with it, but I have had a few outdoor cycling workouts and a couple of rowing machine workouts wearing the Milanese strap. It's fine. I have to tighten it up a little for the rowing so it doesn't slip. I find my skin gets a little irritated under the watch itself due to sweat, but not under the strap.

13. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

The mesh metal is brilliant for wearing during activities. It breathes! It should last a good long while, too.

If it stays on your arm well enough (and from most reports it should), it's a great choice. Just rinse it off if it gets gunked-up.

14. kbuck1984 macrumors member

Am I the only one that has it slip? I notice myself tightening a few times an hour and even more during exercise.

15. dL. macrumors 6502

I tried running with it and it held up totally fine. I suspect the sport band will feel even more comfortable but I was totally okay with it.

dL

16. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

I ran with the sport strap, and it was pretty good. Was curious to how the milanese held up as I want to purchase it. I will probably just swap the two bands when i workout though.