Milanese Loop magnetic not as strong on AW2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Luba macrumors 65816

Luba

In my AW0 Milanese, the tab was a little annoying to lift up as it required a bit of force, and that amount of force needed to lift it up never changed over the year I wore AW0. But I did notice that the Loop needed daily adjustments to tighten it up after about 10 months of wearing it. So while the tab required the same amount of force to lift up (to take off AW), the tab would slide easier after 10 months.

When I took my new Milanese AW2 out of the box the magnetic force was noticeable weaker. It was easy to lift up the magnetic tap to open up the Loop. I'll know more starting tomorrow as I wear my AW2 Milanese on a daily basis (just got it set up), but I hope it doesn't slide more easily. I don't want to be constantly adjusting it to make it tighter throughout the day.

Anybody else notice the magnetic force is weaker on new AW2 Milanese Loops?

I believe the black ring underneath the tab is there to make it easier for us to lift the tab by creating a thin layer of space??

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the easier to slide would just be things getting smoother with wear. the magnets are not going to get weaker but the band can get smoother. rare earth agents are prone to sliding compared to the regular magnets. When I make magnetic knife racks I have to use much stronger magnets then needed to keep knives from sliding.

3. Luba thread starter macrumors 65816

Luba

Oh interesting, so it's not the magnets losing their magnetic force. But the longer I wear the Loop it will eventually slide as things get smoother. Anything I can do without damaging the Loop?

What's the black ring underneath the tab for? My guess was that it's there to create a thin layer of space so it could be easier to lift off the Loop.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I have only tried one of the generic loops. I added stronger magnets and it helped but what worked well Is I put non skid paint on the magnets. this has frustrated me with these cool magnets that can be super strong but they slide with less force then they can hold. I wanted to try apples but I think wearing a hoody will cause it to slide and woodworking.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

(I don't have the mesh loop yet)

I thought it was there to keep the tab and mesh from getting scratched up. Maybe a little bit of extra traction, too?

6. Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

The band is getting loose not because the magnet is sliding, it's because the circumference of your wrist is changing.

7. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Im thinking of getting the SS with the Milanese band. Does anyone have the official Apple band and use it to work out with. Does it require constant adjusting? I have smaller wrists like 165mm but it says it goes down to 150mm on a 42, so that should not be a problem.