Milanese Loop question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Armen, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Would anyone who has experience with these types of bands have any insight as to how strong the magnets will be on this band?

If I accidentally bumped the magnet part on a wall or something would the watch fall off?

2. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

Apple response: Sounds like you are interested in Apple Care for "only" $225.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

No, the magnet is pretty strong, generally the Neodymium type! :)

4. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Strong enough to hurt if I accidently pinch my finger between the magnets? "now dat der be some strong magnets".

5. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I always wondered if the bottom side of the magnet was textured with little pins to fit into the seams of the milanese loop well. Or if it was smooth... if smooth you'd think it would slip here and there.

6. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

My only concern is if I'm gesturing with my hands as I'm talking about something I'm passionate about is it going to fly off my wrist or not?

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I was wondering the same thing but with one on the leather loops. Will they be tight or will we have to worry about them becoming loose when wearing them?

8. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

Now that would suck. Guess we won't know until we try and fling it off our wrist.... at the apple store. ;)