Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Has anyone swapped out the Black Sport band for the Milanese Loop or intends to? I'd like to see some pictures of it, please. Trying to envision how it would look on the darker bezel of the Space Gray Sport. Tempted to get the White Band to pass the time until the Loop is available.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Has anyone swapped out the Black Sport band for the Milanese Loop or intends to? I'd like to see some pictures of it, please. Trying to envision how it would look on the darker bezel of the Space Gray Sport. Tempted to get the White Band to pass the time until the Loop is available.

I've seen pictures, it looks bad. The leather loop looks ok with the sports models but not good. Just stay away from a stainless steel band with a dull aluminum case watch

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
I've seen pictures, it looks bad. The leather loop looks ok with the sports models but not good. Just stay away from a stainless steel band with a dull aluminum case watch

This wouldn't be aluminum though. This would be the Space Grey.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
This wouldn't be aluminum though. This would be the Space Grey.

I know, it's still test dull aluminum finish. And it's going to stick out even more because it's space grey

Did you think the space grey was a different kind of material ?

Last edited:

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
You can find a picture of SG Sport with Milanese Loop here:
http://www.imore.com/heres-what-apple-watch-sport-looks-milanese-loop

Looks pretty good to me, but it's certainly a matter of personal taste.

There are several SG Sport + LL pictures in the "Show off your Watch" sticky thread. For example here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/21379137/

SG Sport + black LL looks absolutely awesome and like they were made for each other. I wear this combination myself. SG Sport + blue LL looks very nice as well. Brown and stone LLs match the silver Sport better, IMO.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
IMO, it's a pretty ugly combination. But you can judge for yourself:

apple-watch-space-grey-milanese.jpg

Disclaimer: this is a photo from the internet, so there's that.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
USA
Thanks. Here's wishing for a space gray Milanese Loop in the future. (Or at least a third party option) Just wanting something a little more elegant than the fluoro band for formal occasions.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Thanks. Here's wishing for a space gray Milanese Loop in the future. (Or at least a third party option) Just wanting something a little more elegant than the fluoro band for formal occasions.

I bought a $5 (five dollar) traditional closure black milanese off Ebay, and paired it with an adapter for my 38mm space grey sport:

milanese-black.jpg
milanese_bottom.jpg

I'd probably spend a bit more if I worked in a fancy office, but for now, getting cheap bands makes me willing to get many more variations of them :)

Reactions: Nightrich

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
I bought a $5 (five dollar) traditional closure black milanese off Ebay, and paired it with an adapter for my 38mm space grey sport:

View attachment 557187
View attachment 557191

I'd probably spend a bit more if I worked in a fancy office, but for now, getting cheap bands makes me willing to get many more variations of them :)

Looks really good, not just for the fact it was $5. How strong is the magnet on that band?

kdarling

macrumors P6
Looks really good, not just for the fact it was $5. How strong is the magnet on that band?

It actually does look pretty good in person. Not least because it's made from a really small loop.

No magnet. As I mentioned, it's a traditional closure. (Flip lock, with adjustable lock position.)

What's weird to me is that the adapter in my photo is silver, not space grey, and yet the eye doesn't really notice it at all. (If you did a closeup, or checked the watch from the side, it'd be more obvious, but from a normal distance and viewpoint, the human eye glosses over it. I think the brain expects the colors to match.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.