Milanese Loop, Worth it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gdeputy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I have SS BSB, considering the Milanese Loop.. is it worth it? I'm so undecided lol

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It should be for that price. I did not like the link bracelet because of it's lack of easy adjustment. My wrists seem to change in size during the day and now I use the brown leather loop and it is just what I wanted!

3. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

I got a Stone Leather Loop for Fathers Day and i feel like I now have another watch so yes, imo, if you get the ML you will feel like you have a dress watch where now you have a sport watch. JMO

I have also ordered a Skagen mesh band from the NL and have a black leather band, and a black link band, coming from Click so i will have an army of watches! Thats one of the under appreciated benefits of the Apple Watch that only owners understand, imo.

Go for it! :)

4. SpEe1113 macrumors regular

SpEe1113

I have the leather loop and sports band right now...my Milanese Loop is arriving today as a matter of fact! Will report back with my impressions, but I'm a big fan of the leather loop as well!

5. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Have you tried it on in the Apple Store? What did you think when you tried it on?

I did a couple store visits and tried most of the bands. Personally, I did not like the ML like I thought I would. It looks cool. But it feels heavy to me (and I am coming from a much heavier stainless watch & band), and it allowed the watch to move around too much on my wrist. My two favorites (for comfort) are the leather loop and sport band.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I exchanged mine for a Sport band:

1. It wasn't comfortable enough for me to wear every day
    2. If you find yourself moving your watch up or down your arm through out the day the loop will snag your arm hairs
    3. I caused minor scuff marks on my watch casing because I was tightening the loop "incorrectly" according to Apple.

7. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Exactly my feelings too.

ML was just not for me. I had it for a few days before exchanging. Wrist was a little irritated/red and watch didn't feel secure, even though it was, but still moved around too much. I tried adjusting multiple times too.

Happy with my Sport band now! I would really suggest trying the ML on first and moving around wrist around to see if you're happy.

8. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

Is there an incorrect way to tighten the loop ?

9. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

My previous 42mm SS watch had the ML band and it felt comfortable on my wrist. I now have the SG sport watch with the regular band and it's okay but I might buy a ML band for my watch.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apparently. What I was doing was holding the casing against me so it wouldn't move and then pulling the loop up to tighten it and then back down to magnet. By doing it this way the loop actually rubs against the casing and causes scratches.

If you do it Apple's way the magnet constantly attaches to the loop in the wrong place and you have to pull it off and re-tighten again.

11. zaneliu macrumors 6502

zaneliu

I have no idea what this method is? I have a ML and I have never had an issue of scratching my watch.

12. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

I love it, I never need to tighten it either.

I've noticed that ppl on this forum are likely tightening their watches way too much.

13. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Sports band is clearly the comfiest but I got the milanese to give myself a dressier option outside of the office/gym and it's been great. Really like it and haven't had any real comfort/hair/readjusting issues

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You must be one of those people who pulls the loop down to tighten it then.

15. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Same. I still own a ML band, but my daughter loves it so she snagged it and turned her 550-dollar SS watch into a 650-dollar SS watch. Sneaky teenager. ;)

I have a modern buckle now and I love the way it looks, but I'm on the fence about the way it wears. So far, of all the Apple Watch bands I've tried on for the 38mm, my favorites are the sport band and (to my surprise) the classic buckle.

I really WANT to love the wear of the modern buckle, but the leather feels "thin" and that sort of bums me out, considering the price.

The classic isn't exactly the world's finest leather band, but at least it has some "heft" to it, if that makes any sense at all.

I really wish that Apple would release a few more of the classic in other colors, such as the midnight blue and the red. That would be really nice.

Though, honestly, if they'd release a modern buckle in red, I'd probably buy it anyway because I think the red looks incredible with the watch overall.

I'm wearing one of my sport bands right now. LOL.

I may indeed return the moderns and go for a classic. It's on my radar, because my local stores all seem to have the classic in stock.

I just wish they had the navy classic like they do for the Edition. Argh.

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm so content with the Sports band I picked up another (blue). I still think my Black one is defective as it is wearing out prematurely in certain areas. The blue one is not showing any stress points at all. Weird.

17. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

Leather loop is the best all around band. Its good for any occasion and lifestyle that you might have.

18. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

My blue has held up fabulously. I'm considering a green one. Cannot dig the pink. I'd like it if it were pink, but it's a salmon/coral sort of a shade that doesn't really suit me. I don't have a black, but my husband does, so I can wear his if he's not wearing it. His is showing NO real signs of wear. I think that some of them might be defective.

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Just got a watch for the wife so I can use her white sports band if I need it I guess?

20. gdeputy thread starter macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Hm.. Might go check out some bands. 150 is a lot for either the leather loop or milanese but.. I do see myself wanting another band that's less 'sporty'.

21. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I love it. Beautiful and comfortable

22. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yeah. You just need the larger end of the band (along with the connector) unless you've got thin wrists. :)

23. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

Probably in the minority here, but I did not like the milanese loop at all, and certainly not for $150. I wore mine for a day before selling it. I am also a mechanical watch enthusiast so perhaps I'm biased based on the experience I've had with my traditional watches, but there are better third party mesh bracelets out there for less money, that are of superior quality to Apple's offering.

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The large band is too large. I use the 2nd to last hole on the smaller band.

25. aqua77002 macrumors newbie

I'd been wanting an ML since they were announced. I even kept putting off ordering mine and my wife's watches so that I could get an ML at the same time she got her white sport band. When they went on sale in store Wednesday, I settled on a black sport band so that I could go ahead and have the watch & ordered a ML band in-store. I received my ML band yesterday and am... underwhelmed. My wife says it looks great on me, and I love the way it feels (contrary to others, I don't feel like it moves at all once I have it on). But there's just something about it that I can't put my finger on. I'm going to give it more time, but I'm not sure that it's going to be my daily wearer. I may keep it for special occasions, but I have given thought to returning it.