Military Member needs help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tegedrex, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tegedrex macrumors member

I have been searching for a product that can open .xfdl files. There seems to be a link out there to a PureEdge viewer by IBM but all links end at a dead end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Supposedly versions of adobe reader from 2009 onward should be able to view them.

3. tegedrex thread starter macrumors member

I threw it into the title because this is the format that the military uses for most of it's documents, so I was hoping it would catch the eye of another military member, thanks for your help though

4. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

False and false. And that's coming from a military member.

5. Sailorloco macrumors member

Agreed. I think it's in poor taste when military member use their service as a way for special treatment or favors.

6. benjaminaho macrumors member

benjaminaho

Just lay off him! For heaven sake he just wants to get a reader, can you just help the guy? But as far as THE QUESTION goes (because I don't scan forums looking for people to argue and disagree with), I do think that the new versions of Adobe Reader can open them, not sure about 2009 though.

7. martosprint macrumors 6502

I agree with you benjaminaho, tolerance is best suited for this forum. 

8. RickDel macrumors newbie

I know this is over a year old, but it bothers me when someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Hopefully anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for this answer, like I did, will realize this is a valid question.

This person is attempting to correct someone and has no idea what he's talking about!! I'm also a military member and my unit has sent me numerous files to my private computer over the past few years and I ALWAYS have difficulty viewing them! (remembering how I did it from the time before)

I understand this opinion, but his response clearly explains his wording. And I think it's a valid reason. I'm a military member and a Google search brought me to this thread. My unit sent me another xfdl file and I'm searching to try and remember how to open it.

So, I think the wording of the original post is helpful. Regardless, thanks to those who posted a solution.