Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I was eating cereal while using my iPad, and after I was done, I noticed white drops of milk all over my screen. This worried me a little and I inspected the device. I noticed nothing in the headphone jack or lightning port, but there was a little found in one of the speaker holes. Is this bad?

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
is it making funny/no noises?
Sound is fine, just slightly worried. I tried using a toothpick to get the dried milk out, but it was blue and left that color on the speaker grill. How can I get it out or clean the speaker with out opening it up

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Sound is fine, just slightly worried. I tried using a toothpick to get the dried milk out, but it was blue and left that color on the speaker grill. How can I get it out or clean the speaker with out opening it up

Be very careful as there is a very fine mesh screen in the speaker hole and you do not want to punch a hole in it. I doubt any milk got past the screen and you should be fine.

I make a habit of not using my devices while I eat as sooner or later . . . . .:(

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Be very careful as there is a very fine mesh screen in the speaker hole and you do not want to punch a hole in it. I doubt any milk got past the screen and you should be fine.

I make a habit of not using my devices while I eat as sooner or later . . . . .:(
Thanks for the reply, but since the toothpick I used was blue, it left some blue behind on the speaker grill/mesh and how would I be able to get rid of it?

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Or have your iPad wear it as a badge...kind of like the got milk ads. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.