Milkdrop for Mac

ashokc

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
hey i know this is probably not the right section to discuss this but here goes.....in winamp there is a graphical interface called milkdrop which creates stunning visuals when music is played. Is there anything equivalent to this for the mac?

ashokc

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
just a note i found an itune plugin called projectm which creates some dazzling shapes although it crashes in fullscreen mode!

asc45

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
Milkdrop for Mac

Hello all,

New to the forum.
Just thought somebody out there would be glad to know I got milkdrop (project M) to work on my mac.

This is standalone; nothing else is required for milkdrop to work. And the installation instructions are included. Also, it should show up as ProjectM-jack when you drag the icon into your applications folder.

In addition, I have both iTunes and Songbird, and I got the visualizations to work with both music programs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46809629/Code/ProjectM/1.0/projectM-jackOSX.dmg

Spyderdyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2018
Milkdrop for Mac

Hello all,

New to the forum.
Just thought somebody out there would be glad to know I got milkdrop (project M) to work on my mac.

This is standalone; nothing else is required for milkdrop to work. And the installation instructions are included. Also, it should show up as ProjectM-jack when you drag the icon into your applications folder.

In addition, I have both iTunes and Songbird, and I got the visualizations to work with both music programs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46809629/Code/ProjectM/1.0/projectM-jackOSX.dmg
Dropbox content expired. High Sierra isnt cooperating. My milkdrop stopped staying alive when I start it after the OS update. Brew installed a ton of junk and cant get it to compile.

SDL window and iTunes vis installed and working successfully. If I could just figure out how to make projectM accept midi clock and cue/play button presses from Traktor I promise never to ask for anything else ever again. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.