Million dollar question, can anyone answer it?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelwe14, Aug 13, 2008.

1. michaelwe14 macrumors newbie

I have been trying to find a way to sync my outlook contacts which are in groups to my iphone. When I sync for the first time, all of my contacts sync fine, but they were not in groups. I went to the apple store and they said its because I don't have a mac, I have a pc. I also have outlook 2007 and vista. I tried Mobile me and it kind of worked, but really slow. Can someone please help me!!!!!!!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's because you don't have a Mac.

Also, how can MobileMe be slow? It changes in seconds on the iPhone, and takes 15 minutes or less to update on a computer.

I want my $1,000,000

3. michaelwe14 thread starter macrumors newbie

There has to be away around it besides buying a mac. Grouping contacts is a basic necessity.

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Go to me.com, log in and under contacts. Bottom left there should be a plus sign where you can add a new group. Then you should be able to sync the phone and get the new group added in your phone.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I think managing your contacts my mobileme is the best way.

6. michaelwe14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did go to mobile me and downloaded the free trial. It worked for a little bit. I loaded about 4 groups, and it sync fine on my iphone, then 1 of the folders deleted from my iphone and even though I had the other 3 folders, it added 4 groups on my iphone called "group name" I'm guessing its somethng from mobile me, so it just doesnt work right. Also the other problem with mobile me is that when you go to the calendor, there is no way of setting up an alrm 15 minutes before your appointment.

7. TechIsCool macrumors member

for pc with outlook use exchange lol groups are supported push even multiple calendars instantaneous push for contact mail and calendar

8. michaelwe14 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. TechIsCool macrumors member

10. michaelwe14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats the problem I'm having. I hope mobileme can work out these issues. If not, I guess I'm going to have to buy a bb or the blackjack.