MIM Still on iPhone after Restore! Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ThunderApple, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So recenly I had my iPhone 3GS, Running on 4.1, jailbroken via redsn0w. Worked out great and from members on this forum, helped me out a lot. However, during some SSH, i deleted my Cache folder, which is located in my fonts so i had to Restore my phone.
    I clicked Restore on iTunes, Went back to factory settings, then clicked Back Up from "Andrews iPhone".
    I have my fonts back and everything but while my iPhone was JB'd, i used Make It Mine and now its still as my Custom Carrier and Time.

Now I heard this was a common problem because my Back Up files still have some of my JB's setting. I want to jailbreak my phone again but it seems i cant for some reason, im sure its because i used the back up that had JB settings still in them.

Now what i want to do is get my Carrier and time back to normal and also re-JB it. How do I do this?

I was thinking of the following:
    - Restore to Factory Setting
    - BEFORE even clicking "Set As New Phone" or "Back Up from Andrew iPhone", I should open up redsn0w and Jailbreak it.
    - THEN, I should open up iTunes and Back it up so I can get my contacts and email and all that personal stuff back onto my phone.

Would that work? If not, what should I do?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well if you are gonna rejailbreak it, you might as well do it, and then run MIM with no changes and it will restore the time and carrier.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Problem is I tried. I tried redsn0w and it keeps getting stuck at Ramdisc. Which happened the first I JB'd my phone ut i canceled and did it again and it worked. This time however i tried like 20 times and it just doesnt work. Always gets stuck. So i figured its because my Back Up already has some left over JB settings on it. I even tried greenpoison and it said "Jailbreak Failed"

4. woolymammoth macrumors newbie

You need to restore it to factory settings and not restore from a backup if you want everything to be normal. All your old jailbreak data is still stored in your backup, so things like MIM still appear.

5. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

But then how do get all my contacts,
    photos, and stuff like that back?

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just set it up and choose to sync the same stuff over that was on your old phone. Your contacts should be on your computer, and you can import your camera roll to your computer first and then sync it over in an album.

7. andy9l macrumors 68000

Set up as new phone and re-sync those things using the settings on iTunes. It doesn't take much longer than restoring from a backup.

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

+1. The main thing you lose is your saved games and such for app store downloads. If you are worried about this, download AppBackup in Cydia and backup and restore the app data that way.

9. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I sync my contacts and all my email and bookmarks and such onto itunes so that i can sync it back after?

10. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I dont get how im suspose to sync my contacts into iTunes and then back to my iPhone. Help please?