MIME Alias iPhone 5 Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rperalta, Jan 27, 2013.

1. rperalta macrumors 6502

Anybody has this bumper and it is worth it? I saw a video review by Larry Greenberg on youtube. It looks like a slim bumper but it's interesting, the volume and power buttons are removable if you don't want to use it or make it slimmer. Hope someone here in the forums owns this bumper and can give their honest opinion. Here's the link http://mimeusa.com/product/alias. Thanks!

2. heavyraindancer, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

heavyraindancer macrumors newbie

I have one. It has a slick look and fits their glass protector flawlessly. If you have a black iphone, go for it.

3. 3rdiguy, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I just received mine and I'm very disappointed. I ordered a bumper from eBay known in these forums as the Hong Kong bumper and the Alias. I received both today and tried the Alias and when installed, still has space visible on iphone 5. It feels very flimsy and doesn't have any special grip feel. This other bumper is right in line with the Apple bumper just iphone 5 size with perfect grip and lay flat protection on both sides. I was willing to sacrifice that if the Alias felt like a quality product but in my opinion it didn't. UPDATE: it does fit well but I won't use it until my slip stopper arrives. It is very thin and there will be absolutely no lay on the table lip. I can see through the space at the bottom to the lightning port but now I realize that this is to achieve the thinness of it. Just be very very careful putting it on and removing it.

4. heavyraindancer macrumors newbie

They have a 14-day warranty. If you are not happy with it, you can simply return or replace it. I think it is much better than buying from e-bay.