Mime Attachments

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Salmar, May 20, 2010.

1. Salmar macrumors regular

I got an email today with a Mime attachment but it would not open on my iPad. However it did open in email on my iMac. Any way to open a mime attachment on an iPad? And while I am at it is there any way to open a wmv file also? Just got the iPad 2 days ago.
    Thanks for a reply

2. meanieblue macrumors newbie

meanieblue

forward from Windows Mobile device

While I don't have a solution (other than opening it via a computer) I know that this does happen with email forwarded from a Windows Mobile device like a Treo 750 or Compaq iPaq.

I'm surprised that Apple hasn't fixed this ... particularly, when even the original iOS handled Word, Excel, and PDF files without issue.

3. Beargear macrumors newbie

Mime attachment won't open

Hi i have the same prob - i get forwarded emails to my gmail which show a mime attachment (greyed out box) then when i try and open it it says mail can't do it? This happens on both my iPhone and iPad - on acer laptop it works fine. I can't believe that there arent thousands of people with the same problem but i can only find a few references to it on the web, and no- one seems to have an answer. Least of all apple themselves. Help anyone? It's getting frustrating.

Thanks

4. ArEl macrumors newbie

how to open .wmv attachments on an iPad

I still can't open MIME emails on an iPad but I finally figured out how to open .wmv attachments. Download the app "azul media reader". it costs $2 but at least you can see the files.

5. ArEl macrumors newbie

Here's how to read a MIME email on an iPad

Heres a way to open a Mime email on an iPad. Just stop using Mail and switch to the actual website of your email. for example, I have an AOL address, so whenever I get a piece of email with Mime in it, I switch to AOL.com and open it there. It displays just fine. You can also open these emails using the desktop version of Mail. I realize this is all kind of a pain to switch from Mail, but at least I can read the email.

6. Cyaltr macrumors newbie

My friends have said that I sent them the "mime-attachment.txt" and i didnt. Whats going on?