MIMEUSA Feather Glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rjbeh, Jul 30, 2013.

1. rjbeh macrumors regular

Hi guys, something came in my mail today... just wanna share some toys to you all.

Introducing the MIME feather glass. Its only 0.15mm thin!!!

This screen protector is one of the thinnest I've seen so far. I'll show you guys what is in the package, and how it looks on my phone after installation.

My thoughts on this SP.

Pros:
    1. Extremely thin
    2. Easy to install
    3. Comes with a pre-installation film sticker to remove dust
    4. Comes with a spare front and back screen protector in case if you screw up the installation or break the glass, if you contact them about it you can purchase a replacement for 40% off, no questions asked.

Cons:
    Slightly not as smooth as other tempered glass SP, probably its a rushed product so i might be getting a defect; but its still ok.

Personally i highly recommend this product :D

http://mimeusa.com/product/iphone-5-feather-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

ps*** currently their website shows out of stock, but i will email them and keep you guys updated when the stock is available.

Attached Files:

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I completely stand behind MIME USA and their products and their customer service! If I didn't already have a ghost glass and a spare one, I'd totally pick one up!

I'm so jealous that you have one. This would go perfectly with my Neo Hybrid case.

3. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Looks like you are using the aluminum button? Does it protrude from the feather? Is there much of a depression with the feather without a button cover?

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Appears that version does not have the curved edges so it will be more prone to chipping. Looks good buy I'll be sticking with my pure and it's sweet replacement coverage.

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The Pure's edges aren't curved either, are they?

All the slim one's I've seen don't have curved edges.

6. Jordans2232 macrumors newbie

very thin

Do you know if the screen protector sticks to the plastic shield on the arm band? Especially if exercising in hot/humid conditions?

7. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Yep the pure has straight edges. I've chipped 2 of them although I'm pretty sure any other protector would have chipped in those situations (drops). I have a glas.t nano on my sgs4 and at 0.15mm it's so thin (like a plastic screen protector) I don't think curved edges would make a difference in chip protection.

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I think so, too.

I use a case with a lip, so I wouldn't know about chipping via a drop. Mine has curved edges.

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Never had a chip with pure... never. Glass T (original) wasn't curved and chipped if I blew on it. If Pure isn't curved they sure did it right because I've never had a chip with any of my pure protectors.

I've never had good luck with non curved (so if Pure isn't curved it's the first) so tend to want to stay away from them. IF you have a protector on that covers the lip it shouldn't be an issue.

10. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Tempted to buy this product to replace my MIME ghost glass now that I've decided not to upgrade to the 5S. Anybody else have experience with this one?

Any update on how yours is holding up?

11. rjbeh thread starter macrumors regular

Its holding up pretty good, I actually replied to you in my youtube video. :D

The screen is very resistant to scratches

12. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Hahaha. I was actually wondering if that was you. The black aluminum home button gave it away. But thanks for your response.

13. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Do you have a link?

14. heelsbigc macrumors member

I love the feather glass so far on my 5s. Woks great with touch iD.

15. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

Ordered 2, One for my 5 and another for my soon_to_arrive 5s...Will post a review..

[​IMG]

16. nuarichard macrumors member

contemplating between the feather glass (0.15mm) and the ghost glass (0.32mm). Only thing holding me back with the feather glass is it doesnt have curved edges so will be prone to chipping. Any help from feather glass owners?? Thanks!!

17. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I just got the Feather yesterday but I love it so far. The edges don't feel sharp at all, probably since it's so thin.

18. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Picked up a feather glass but have it in the box because I wanted to try the iLoome flex. It feels really nice on my 5s...... when this one gets scratched I'll slap my mime on.

19. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

Yes, liked mine... I ordered a replacement at 50% off (I like having spares). Seems to get fewer fingerprints than Spigen.

20. Mosco macrumors regular

Just a note on the MIME, even though they list it as an iPhone 5/5S product, the included rear protector isn't cut right for the 5S camera flash.

21. willsterstyle macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Just installed the MIME on Thursday and this morning (less than 2 days) I noticed a crack on the left side edge (not on one of the corners). I haven no idea how this happened because it didn't get dropped or anything like that at all.

I gave MIME an email to see if they'd be able to help me out.

And in regards to the post above, that's correct, the back protector included is not for the 5S which I am also upset about. I emailed them about this as well.

I've been impressed with the service from the guys at caudabe so far with the case I bought with them...hopefully MIME is as good.

22. Francis Escueta macrumors newbie

Im waiting on my MIME Feather Glass and since it doesn't have rounded edges is it prone to chipping/cracking?

23. booch221 macrumors newbie

My edge cracked too

I just bought a new phone on Swappa, it came with the Mime glass already installed. After a short time there was crack on the side, even though I was being very careful with it.

Did MIME ever help you out?

24. willsterstyle macrumors newbie

Yeah they did actually. I had to send them quite a few photos.

They sent me a replacement eventually and I think it was because the time between my order and problem was short. They said typically cracks like that don't easily happen.

Since then I've developed a few more cracks and scratches unfortunately but that was due to a low impact drops and having a key in my pocket with the phone.

I haven't put on the replacement yet but will later on this year.

25. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

Email them, they ask for pics, then give you a code with varying % off a replacement. If it's not due to manufacture error they'll probably give you a replacement for 50% off. It is just the glass though, not the whole package