Mimicking MS draw feature with a Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Submerged06, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Submerged06 macrumors newbie

Hey, this is a bit of an odd question, but I recently came across a sample of arrows (for Greek sentence diagramming) written with MSWord (picture attached, sorry for the low quality -- my cell's camera is horrible). The author said he had used the draw function.

Is there any word programs on the Mac that could do this same look? I have Office, OpenOffice, NeoOffice, Mellel, etc.

Thanks!
    - Alex

P.S. If the picture is too blurry I can try to take a better one, just let me know.

Attached Files:

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

From what I can make out in the picture I've done the same type of arrows using office. I can't specifically remember if I've done it with Mac Office, but pretty sure it works fine. Even OpenOffice can likely do it. Have you tried yet?

3. Submerged06 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Word, and use it pretty regularly, but how would I make little arrows like that? The only arrows I've seen in there are the large blue ones, but they seem a bit bulky to use for this kind of a thing.

- Alex

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you right-click on the arrow and choose the format option it should provide a way to change that. From memory, there's a drop down box for the different arrow head types. The choices will depend on your version of Office.