MIMVista

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jun 23, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

As I am starting my surgical residency in a week, and definitely getting an iPhone, this application seems very interesting to me. The only issue is how are they going to get the images onto the iphone? Will it hook up with PACS? I tried looking on the website but didn't find much information.

If anyone has any details on how it works, and pricing, I would appreciate it.

2. DRWAMBO macrumors newbie

I am a Nuclear Radiologist that did a year of surgery residency. I own Macs and PC's and an iPhone. The MIMvista iPhone will be of limited use as it's mostly used for PET/CT and has a small user base. Most of your imaging needs will not be met and if you needed to view a study, it would have to have been on the MIMvista server, and you would need to get a user name for access. It is very unlikely that your patient would have a study done using MIMvista as the proprietary software is not needed by m any PACS system. It is usually purchase [for $20,000] by mobile PET companies. Any other study could not get to your iPhone. There are Windows Mobile apps that can get patient studies from multiple vendors, but it is not available for iPhone. Either way, any screen is just too small to adequately evaluate. All these phones can do is show large gross lesions. A laptop with a high rez screen wouold do better. Feel free to PM me if you need. Also, try Mobilefinder for 2 bucks to load documents, pics and other files to your iPhone via WiFi, that is if you have WiFi at home.