min rant on chargebacks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Oct 17, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

How come when you pay with a debit card, the charge goes through and it is withdrawn from your bank account almost instantly but when you return something, the refund credit takes ages to show up?

In my situation, last week I bought a copper 4 pass. I decided to upgrade to a season pass afterwards. I have been charged for both a season and a 4 pass and got a receipt for a refund for the fourpass that I had upgraded from but has yet to be reflected in my account

Not very cool imo

How long should it take for credit to be reflected in your bank account?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

How about this one: when I transfer money from my boa account to my wives, the money leaves my account asap but takes a day or two to get to hers.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

which is a reason why I do not use debit cards for big purchases. That way I am not the one having to float the charges while the money sits in limbo.

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

That is a very good reason NOT to use a debit / check card. Someone can steal it, drain your bank account, and it will take several days to get put back, in the mean time you are out of cash.

I have a better question. Why s a retailer, are we charged a different % for each and every type of credit / debit card? Corporate Debit cards being the highest percentage almost 4% over 1.5 % for a basic consumer debit card.

Ah the joys of using credit.