Min-Width Coding

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Matt89, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Matt89 macrumors newbie

Moderator/webmaster: have you ever thought of fixing your min-width's on your site and NOT making it (nearly) 100% liquid?

I often do half screen on my laptop and the middle section of MR is far too tiny while the margin's are huge.

Just a suggestion: have a min. width on the middle section of maybe 200px? And maybe drop the min. width of your left and right margins down?

Other than that, very great site

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

So don't use a browser window that only takes up half your screen. Don't you think that would be a better solution than making a frivolous change on a site that gets hundreds of thousands of hits per day?

3. Matt89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I could use a browser that fills the screen, but I often split what I'm doing and then Chrome/FF in half.

And I promise you the coding to fix that front page would seriously take 5-10 minutes, if that.

All you would have to do is identify what the left and right margin's are called (probably .left & .right tag), and the main content (could be anything from body, content, etc.), and play w/ the pixels.

It honestly just looks sloppy when it shrinks and collapses upon each other.

EDIT: On top of that, the change wouldn't be noticed at all unless a web browser shrinks.
    Furthermore, I wonder what the site looks like in a 800x600 resolution