Mind control a cockroach with your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the8thark, Oct 12, 2013.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Mind control a cockroach with your iPhone

The US government is officially against the idea.
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/cyborg-cockroaches-start-ethics-debate-2013-10

2. Diseal3, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Once they find out they can survive a nuclear war they will return the favor...

3. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I don't like bugs and insects but this is pretty cruel to me. Maybe I'm not the majority but I don't think surgically fixing an object onto another being and controlling it can be classified as ethical - especially when it's being sold to anyone and not really using as research.

4. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I kill these things. No way I want to even touch it to perform this "surgery"

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

The frogs I decected in school could hardly be considered research, but were extremely valuable in teaching. Anyone willing to go through all of the steps to control a roach would likely gain the same (or more) knowledge.

If you simply had to point your phone at it and gained full control, it'd be a completely different thing, but, with all of the steps involved, I would assume that most who do this are interested in the science behind it.

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

That's gross, curious to see if it'll take off some day.

7. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

That's disgusting. I hate bugs but I can't even imagine what a ten year old would be doing with a controlled roach.

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Cool, can I use this on my apprentices at work? LOL!

Would not want a problem of roaches in my home if they got loose. Sure are hard to get rid of.

9. magilla macrumors regular

"Wired" brains in the ape family (chimps, macaques, lemurs) have been used well ...for YEARS ...think back to the late 50s & early 60s & America & Russia's space programs. "Ham" was but one of the more well-known examples of this and there was quite a lengthy line of predecessors to him. In many cases, it's still de rigueur for bio-medical/pharmacological research before human trials. Sad truth but it's there.

Besides, doesn't this whole story sound just a bit Wikipedia-ish to you?:eek:

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Who want to do surgery? It helps if you zoom in really close to the picture. Yeah ill pass

Attached Files: