Mind Mapping Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidjearly, Nov 25, 2009.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Any recommendations for OS X based mind mapping software? Looking for something that's fun, is simple yet powerful.

In other words the mind mapping software that Apple has not yet created.

Thanks!

2. ben.df macrumors newbie

xmind mind mapping software

Hi,

I use XMind. I think it's a great piece of software. They do a free version and a paid for Pro version, however I find the free version has most of the stuff you'd want anyway.

For me the best thing it does it allows you to drill down into specific nodes. When you drill into a node that node then appears as if it were the root node. You see all it's children but not it's parents. You can obviously drill make up to see the bigger picture.

I find this very useful as my maps often get quite big and it allows me to focus on a specific areas easily.

It comes in both mac and windows downloads, give it a try.

3. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

FreeMind, which is open-source and free.
    Novamind. Great but expensive.

More here.

4. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I use MindJet Mindmapper. Works on both platforms so I can send a MM to the MS world if I have to...

5. PreetinderBajwa macrumors regular

ConceptDraw

Concept Draw do a great piece of mind mapping software which actually ties into their Project management software.

So what ever you can create a mind map of, you can send it to the project software and have a project plan ready in 5 minutes.

I think its one of the best integrations......