Mine is ordered!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bwthor, Mar 10, 2011.

1. bwthor macrumors member

I'm an authorized Apple purchaser for our university. Yesterday, I went to the educational site to see if we would get a discount and unfortunately, we don't. It is usually $100 on computers, and varies on other accessories and peripherals.

Anyway, it looked like the iPad2 page was live and I could order. I spec'd them out and added two to my cart and submitted the order with our purchase order number.

It went through, and I received and order confirmation from Apple. Unfortunately, the shipping may be slow, but I'll have to wait and see when we get ours.

The order confirmation shows this...
    Not yet shipped
    Ships: Mar 23
    Delivers: Mar 24
    Product / Part No. Qty

IPAD WI-FI 64GB BLACK-USA
    MC916LL/A 2

I called Apple this morning to find out why my iPad2 order wouldn't be shipped until the 23rd. The lady said the order wasn't for an iPad2, but for an original iPad. I told her to look at the part number, and she verified that it was a 64GB iPad2. I then asked again about shipping, and if that date will change once it is released, or if I should cancel my order and reorder when it officially goes on sale. She put me on hold to speak with her supervisor, and about 10 minutes later came back and said that they didn't know why I was allowed to order, but it was a valid order and the date will most likely change.

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Doesn't sound very reassuring to be quite honest. I wouldn't hold your breath. I do hope you get it but shipping out on the 23rd?!? And no explanation as to how you ordered it and it showing up as an iPad 1 at first? All I can say is GOOD LUCK! ;)

3. ViPhone macrumors 6502

4. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

congrats on being able to order it before others, but wile you wait for yours to ship in 2 weeks I will be enjoying mine tomorrow night. :D

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

If the shipping date doesnt change tomorrow I would be a little concerned if I were you. Hopefully you don't get iPad 1's in the mail.

7. bwthor thread starter macrumors member

Yes, it is very much live. I just checked it. Keep in mind that I log in to an Authorized Purchaser page. I had to submit an application and have my U approve it.

Yes, white was there, along with the AT&T and Verizon models

The lady I spoke with this morning sounded like the ship date will most likely change. It didn't show up as an iPad1 first, she just assumed is was without looking at my order, and the part number.