Minecraft on 11" MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TRossCamelo, Aug 26, 2013.

1. TRossCamelo macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy the MacBook Air 11" basic model(128Gb SSD, 4Gb ram and 1.3Ghz dual core i5) and I was wondering wether it would be possible to play Minecraft on it and if so what would the FPS be like?

2. SchodMC macrumors member

I have minecraft with some MODs (e. g. Optifine - very useful, Dynamic Lights, Minecraft Forge, MAtmos, ...). Using a 32x32 texture pack, most settings to high, native resolution, I FPS values between 30 and 49 FPS (3-5 FPS more on the i7 model). However, the TexturePack is the key.

Can't play with with a 64x64 HD texture pack anymore (works fine on my early 2011 MBP i5 with HD3000). Even some 32x32 texture packs makes Minecraft unplayable - don't know why. Maybe Mavericks or the next ML Update will optimize the GPU driver to reenable HD texture usage.

So - don't bother about. You should be able to play Minecraft without problems.

cu
    SchodMC

3. mpritc1019 macrumors newbie

I have the base 2013 MBA and minecraft runs great!
    I would like to know more about optifine though.

4. SchodMC macrumors member

Well, Optifine is a MOD that comes in handy for Minecraft especially when running the game on laptops. It has some performance tweaks and abilities to change a lot of graphic settings, so that you get more FPS with some better / higher graphics settings.

Just try it out.

cu
    SchodMC