Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
First of all my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this, But I couldn't find an iOS Games forum.

My question, I've been playing MC on the iPad for a while now on the latest 0.9 build. I've been using the robot seed (awesome seed BTW). Have spent some time building my house, mining, gathering material etc. I've died but have re-spawned someplace far from the original spawn point. I spawn Under water and near some sand and a forest. I had a bed in my home, but I must have destroyed it and replaced it so I'm not spawning there. Needless to say I cannot find my way back. Is there a way to reset the original spawn point? Or a way to get a map of the area?

Any advice would be helpful!

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
First of all my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this, But I couldn't find an iOS Games forum.

My question, I've been playing MC on the iPad for a while now on the latest 0.9 build. I've been using the robot seed (awesome seed BTW). Have spent some time building my house, mining, gathering material etc. I've died but have re-spawned someplace far from the original spawn point. I spawn Under water and near some sand and a forest. I had a bed in my home, but I must have destroyed it and replaced it so I'm not spawning there. Needless to say I cannot find my way back. Is there a way to reset the original spawn point? Or a way to get a map of the area?

Any advice would be helpful!
Build a compass and see if that will take you back to your original spawn point.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
Build a compass and see if that will take you back to your original spawn point.

Thanks for the tip. It got me back home! I should have thought of the compass. Worked out though, i also found a sand village on my way back. Not sure how I ended up out there on re-spawn. But again, thanks!

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
Respawning underwater far far away is indeed troubling. I'm glad your home safe and sound. I constantly use the compass as I run out on 5000 block jogs to see if I can find a rain forest. So far, no luck.

I'm not sure I've come across a Rain Forrest. Is that like the Jungle biome? What seen are you on? I actually started playing on a seed called 'robot' (no quotes) and found that one to be pretty complete. there's a decent village near spawn point, a jungle near by, a pretty big cave under the village, a huge stronghold with a library and an end portal (not working though) in it. And like I said before, I got lost after dying and a ways away to the NE (going by the sun) I also found a desert with a small desert village. not bad.

BTW, is there a separate forum or thread specific to Minecraft PE? I have not been able to find one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.