Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BraydonHughes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I am thinking about buying the 2012 Macbook Pro 13.3" i7 2.9Ghz with the Intel HD 4000 graphics in it. I have a Cooler Master U-Stand that I use on my current pc.

I was wondering if this MBP will be able to handle a minecraft server for me and my girlfriend with just the server, minecraft and hamatchi running on the computer?

I have ran it on my current computer (HP G62 358CA i3 Processor 8GB RAM) and it ran fine, a little slow and my computer ran pretty hot.

Can this be done or will the computer be way too hot even with the cooler?

Sam726627

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
I am thinking about buying the 2012 Macbook Pro 13.3" i7 2.9Ghz with the Intel HD 4000 graphics in it. I have a Cooler Master U-Stand that I use on my current pc.

I was wondering if this MBP will be able to handle a minecraft server for me and my girlfriend with just the server, minecraft and hamatchi running on the computer?

I have ran it on my current computer (HP G62 358CA i3 Processor 8GB RAM) and it ran fine, a little slow and my computer ran pretty hot.

Can this be done or will the computer be way too hot even with the cooler?

Yes :) We have two Macs in my household, my iMac. And my Parents MPB 2011 (forgot the specs but definitely lower than the one you're on about) And I run a Minecraft Server for 20+ with the MBP when they are out. And even sometimes play Minecraft with about 8 people online on the same computer. You'll find that you can do everything you can do normally probably run hamatachi. But I would recommend Port Mapping for hosting it rather than Hamatachi.

Just make sure when you're editing the start.command for the server you set the Memory to something less than 1024 I use 1800 for large amounts of players.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.