Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bmoney017, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Bmoney017 macrumors member

Jul 9, 2007
    Does anyone know of a good minesweeper program for free? I just want something that is like the windows version. I tried the widget but I dont like it.
  2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Try this
  3. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    I like this version. Doesn't look the same, but does the right-click thing like the Windows one.
  4. Bmoney017 thread starter macrumors member

Jul 9, 2007
  5. sweec macrumors newbie

Apr 16, 2008
  6. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Feb 23, 2005
    And don't forget to check out Softpedia. Unlike VersionTracker or MacUpdate, it has lots of free and open source apps/games.
  7. rossipoo, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

rossipoo macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2009
    I have recently released a Minesweeper game for mac. It is currently supported by Snow Leopard, and available to download from the Mac App Store and my web site:
    Ross Franklin: Minesweeper
  8. jack.boddy macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2010
    I like it rossi, one feature missed is the ability to click both mouse buttons and see all the surrounding unflagged squares, which i used prominently, but other than its a very good port!
  9. neildawson macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2009
    Rossipoo's version of Minesweeper is lovely - small, simple, stylish - but it doesn't work on my Powerbook G4. As it's a Universal app I assume it's because I'm running OS 10.5.
  10. mac2x macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2009
    If you have Wine, just grab the .exe off a Windows machine and play away. :cool:
  11. rossipoo macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2009
    I have recompiled it and I believe it should work on PowerPC with 10.5. I don't actually have a machine to test it with however. If anyone could confirm whether or not that works, it would be nice.
  12. intempo macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2009
  13. Hercules Club macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2011
    Seagoing Minesweeper

Have a look at Seagoing Minesweeper.

- Predefined difficulty levels (beginner, intermediate, expert, custom).
    - Custom game with any density and field size (limited by your screen only).
    - Resize window to change field size of the custom game.
    - Inspector panel with live game statistics (3BV, IOE, RQP, IOS, mines per cell ratio, click counters).
    - Save/load game with statistics and recorded gameplay as well in extremely small-sized file.
    - Autosave
    - Timer to thousands of a second.
    - All clicking techniques available including chording and double-clicking.
    - First click has no mine.
    - Control+left click to simulate right click.
    - Command-R shortcut to restart game or right-click at the end of the game.
    - Mark suspected mines.
    - Best games are recorded in a high score table.
    - Playback any game: play/pause/stop/navigate.
    - Double-click on a record in the high score table to view and playback game.
    - Create your own themes (grid cell images; window background as color, image, quartz composition; text) or use preset ones.
    - Animation effects.
    - Sound effects.
    - Export game to movie.