iPad mini Mini 2 outdoors

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aspasia, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Am curious if the retina display is any more readable outdoors than the original screen.

I have a cellular iPad 2 and am toying with the idea of getting a cellular Mini 2, primarily to stick in a waterproof bag and attach to my kayak deck for GPS/mapping use.

My iPad is impossible to read in the sunlight. Does the retina screen change that at all?

Thanks.

2. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I'm not too sure it will make a difference. If you want an anti-reflective screen, I recommend the iPad air 2. It has a laminated screen (which, trust me, does make a lot of difference) and an anti-reflective coating. This might come to the iPad mini sooner or later though

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It seems to have the same amount of glare as any iDevice I have ever owned. You may be able to get a screen protector to help out a little bit.

4. Aspasia thread starter macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Thanks. Will probably hold off then as the Air is larger than I want for this particular purpose.

5. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Im sure it's coming to all devices soon. Too good of a technology not to. But it won't help immensely with outdoor view ability, so keep that in mind.

6. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

The same amount of glare.
    I have ipad 2, ipad mini 1, ipad mini 2.

I would suggest trying several el cheapo anti glare stick on glass covers.