Mini 4 black or white?

AppleMan2015

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
Which do you prefer: black or white iPad mini 4?

Does anyone have any pictures of a real person using them (not promo material)?

myrtlebee

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I haven't seen any of these topics. And no that's boring
It's called search. You seem to like making repetitive threads and threads that are incredibly broad. And how are YouTube videos of people using the devices more boring than pictures? That makes no sense.

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
Buy whatever color you like.

I personally just bought a mini 4 LTE 128GB in black/space grey. Will be ordering an iPad Pro when they're released (also black LTE 128GB).

I'm giving my Air 2 to one of my kids. Going with the Pro/mini combo - Pro for work & business travel, mini for sofa/bed and vacations.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I always buy white/silver Apple products. A few days ago I got the Mini 4 in space gray and I find that I prefer this color a lot more.

konjecture

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
I have owned both the colors on a Mini. I had a black Mini 2 and now I have a white Mini 4. I have to say both are great, but if you asked me to choose one, I will have to lean towards the white color. To me it looks more upscale and easy on the eyes than the black (may be because we are so used to black color on most electronic items).

montom

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2005
Black if you're mainly doing games, photos, and videos. White if you do more browsing, reading, and writing. White doesn't have the oppressive psychological effect that black does (no racism implied) and yes it's easier on the eyes with less glare and fingerprints showing.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
white/silver.

I like a white border for reading, and a black border for movies. Since my primary use for the mini is reading, I prefer white.

I like the gold color of my iPhone 5s, but I don't care for the more recent rose-gold color Apple has been using.

Marshall73

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2015
I always buy white now for phones and iPads. Show up the fingerprints less and just looks cooler.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Brussels, belgium
Black if you're mainly doing games, photos, and videos. White if you do more browsing, reading, and writing. White doesn't have the oppressive psychological effect that black does (no racism implied) and yes it's easier on the eyes with less glare and fingerprints showing.
This...

Had a black iPhone, now a white. White is easier on the eyes for reading web, mail....
Black is harder for reading, but more immersive for games and videos.

Also reading white font on black background (what goes better with the black bezel) is more strenuous for the eyes. Reading black font on white background (goes better with white bezel) is more relaxing and easier for the eyes.