Mini application launcher

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappySnail, Dec 31, 2009.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I would like to make or find a pre-made mini application launcher I know there are many others around (quicksilver) but I use different applications in different spaces and would like to have a launcher per space with the specific applications in. These would be windows with a list of 4 or so applications that are free floating and so move off screen when a space is changed. If i had one of these in each space then i could access the applications i wanted easily for that section.
    I know this is possible i'm just not sure how much memory having 4 of these would use and if there isn't something like this available whether it would be possible to make easily. All it would need to be is a window containing 4 clickable icons.

Thank you.

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

There is an app called Dock Spaces, that I think will do what you want.
    Dock Spaces

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

You can look into DragThing too, or A-Dock. Should work well enough (just setup one per space, you can configure it however you like, and make sure you turn off the setting to have them shown across all spaces).

jW

4. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Excellent suggestions too, I forgot about those two.

5. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Drag thing seems absolutely perfect. A touch on the expensive side but if i use it every day I'm sure it'll be worth it, i'll keep trying it out for now. Thank you very much.