Mini appropriate for dual screen setup

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andronik, Feb 14, 2010.

1. andronik macrumors newbie

Would I be able to connect and simultaneously use 19" LCD (DVI/VGA outputs available) and a 50" LCD (HDMI and VGA inputs available). I would like to run application X on the 19" and application Y on the 50"

Is this possible? What are the best cable recommendations for this arrangement?

As a bonus, is there a way to force application X to always appear on 19" and application Y on the 50" without manually moving them around, even after reboot, etc?

2. brendu macrumors 68020

yes you can, you could use a mini display to hdmi adapter (available from monoprice) for the tv and then the included minidvi to dvi adapter for your monitor...

also if your looking to buy a HDMI cable i would highly recommend you look at amazon.com first. I have bought two 6 foot HDMI cables from there for 5 cents each... an absolutely amazing deal. With shipping its under $5 versus the $50+ you will pay for one at best buy...

3. xXxS1lv3rxXx macrumors newbie

The mini comes with a mini display port and a mini dvi out. So you would need a few adapters, but it should work.