Mini Display Port Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jgold, Nov 3, 2010.

1. jgold macrumors newbie

Alright, so long story short, the CEO of my company uses all Macs. He just hired a company to come in and setup video conferencing for him. They are asking for him to have a second monitor connected to his iMac for the incoming stream to be displayed on while he can continue to work on the main screen. The problem is that the input from the satellite connection is HDMI.

So, here is where I run in to trouble:

He is using a 27" iMac (which has a single MDP). I can either use that port for the HDMI input or the output to the second monitor (which is a 27" Apple Display). I have spent a long time on the apple forums and doing some general googling, but I can not figure out a good solution to this. I came across the Belkin AV360 to let the HDMI input to the iMac, but that monopolizes the MDP and I can no longer attach a second display.

Does anyone here know if some sort of MDP hub exists and would work for this? I know that you can daisy chain Displayport connections, but since each device only has a single connection, this isn't possible. My ideal solution would be a little box that I can plug the HDMI feed and the second display into, then connect that box to the iMac.

So, thoughts? Suggestions? Any help at all is appreciated!

EDIT: To clarify, the HDMI needs to go IN to the iMac, but the iMac needs to Output to the second display at the same time.

2. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

buy one of those USB to VGA adapters for the second monitor

or get a second monitor that has an HDMI input and a DVI/VGA. Then he can switch back and forth on the second monitor