Mini Display Port to Acer 23.5" display... not using full widesreen?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ahm, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ahm macrumors member

I'm getting a high resolution, and it looks alright, but it's not fully using the widescreen. That's "aspect" right? Well anyway, I also have a 19" display and it works perfectly. My Xbox, cable box and movies all use the full widescreen on the Acer, but the Macbook with the super amazing Mini DisplayPort doesn't even use the full resolution. What's with that? I thought the reason they had this new port and a $30 adapter was for higher resolutions!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Did you try changing the resolution the display prefpane? Also are you using VGA or DVI?

3. ahm thread starter macrumors member

Yes, of course. It's set on the highest resolution. I am using DVI.

-If I uncheck "mirror displays" the 2nd desktop will use the whole screen. If it's checked, it has 2" borders on each side.

edit:
    so dumb... I used it with the lid closed and it worked fine. Sorry!

...I swear, I can build a computer with spare parts, and I've used different operating systems and set up a few computers to run Ubuntu and did all kinds of configuring and troubleshooting, but I miss something so simple and obvious.

In my defense I've only owned a notebook once before this, and I only had it for about 3 months.