Mini-Display Port to HDMI...How Do I get Sound?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nocturnal22, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

I have the MDP to HDMI and i want to get the audio from my macbook to come out of my Samsung 32" HDTV ive tried 3.5mm M/M didnt work and optical cable didnt work either am i doing something wrong? How would i get audio to output from my TV?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The audio jack must be on the same input as the HDMI. If HDMI is on input 1 and the audio jack is on input 2, it's not possible.

3. MacGnG macrumors member

MacGnG

u might want to try the headphones jack to rca red/white audio cord. thats what i use

4. Nocturnal22 thread starter macrumors 6502

well hdmi seems to be it's own input cause it just says HDMI 1/2/3 I have "HDMI 2" for my 360 and "HDMI 3" for my macbook. And it has an audio input on the back but its not for a specific "Input". Still not to sure how to get it to work.

5. Nocturnal22 thread starter macrumors 6502

which red/white inputs do i plug it into? i have like 3 y/r/w on the back and 1 on the side? I tried that to and nothing happened.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

You should read the owners manual for your TV, it sounds like you would learn a lot.

7. Heimlich macrumors member

ya sounds like u know what youre doing. You just need to find out which audio jacks are for which input. You're gonna have to read that tv manual.

On my tv i have one hdmi input and right next to it is the red and white audio jacks.