Mini Display port to HDMI

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by azunderg, Mar 24, 2010.

1. azunderg macrumors newbie

2. azunderg thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah mini display port to vga doesn't work and mini dvi to vga doesn't work...

3. JorWesFlow macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. Either display port on my mac mini when used with an adapter to convert to VGA is subsequently not recognized by Windows 7 running on bootcamp. in my thorough searching through the internet today, i've heard one plausible reason. well more of a workaround than a reason...to somehow not use any sort of adapter. which means if you have a monitor with VGA only, you're stuck.

but for me it's the dual monitor functionality that is not working in windows 7. I was able to get my primary monitor to run with VGA because it had both DVI and VGA inputs. but it could only have a maximum of 800x600 res. weird thing is everything works perfectly on the Mac OS side.

4. JorWesFlow macrumors newbie

figured out a fix...

well i figured it out... it seems that windows 7 was detecting the display driver as just a generic driver. There was no Nvidia control panel or evidence of an nvidia driver being installed, despite there obviously being a GeForce 320M graphics card in the Mac mini. So after some digging, I found a nifty way to make it work by following the instructions here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=850809

if you're running boot camp with windows 7 on a Mac mini or a MacBook and are having display issues of any kind, I suggest trying this out.

cheers :)