Mini display port to tv "official" fix???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Beanlok, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Beanlok macrumors regular

Beanlok

So I was watching a movie on my tv via mini display port adapter and my macbook. I didn't notice the random time outs/signal loss that I've experienced in the past! Has any one heard that this was officially or non officially fixed by the recent Firmware updates?

2. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

well, i got the mini displayport to vga adaptor to my tv and i watched 4 episodes of heroes back to back and not one issue,

i got the vga as i also use a projector and monitor aswell as my tv to output to, so one cable can do all.

are you on the dvi adaptor?

3. pinx2 macrumors newbie

hey Carnivor,

Does that mean that your TV has a VGA input plug? Because I have the Mini Displayport to VGA Adaptor as well, but my TV does not have a VGA input plug. ANythoughts how I could connect my macbook on my TV. If I use another adapter (exemple: VGA to RCA or S-Video or ...) would I loose quality?

Thanks

4. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

Yep,

my tv has a vga connector, not sure if your going to be able to convert the signal from vga to something your tv accepts, it could get quite expensive on adaptors.

I used to have a vga and a rca adaptor on my old mb but as of yet i don't believe there is one out yet for minidisplayport

cheeers

5. evanjorgensen macrumors newbie

evanjorgensen

If you want to connect your new Macbook or Macbook Pro to your analog TV using RCA composite video or S-Video (for those of us who still own an old television), follow this video tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa1C7YLFWmw&feature=channel_page

*OFFICIAL FIX