mini display to hdmi cable

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by useapple, Sep 2, 2010.

1. useapple macrumors newbie

Hi everyone im new to the forum.
    I just got the mini display to hdmi cable for my macbook pro. So far it works with the tv. It displays everything but there is one probably safari doest work.
    Airport shows that I am connected but safari doesnt connect.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    can i get some advice on how to get it to work

thanks

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Does the program not open at all or does it load a blank page/unable to load Internet content? Are you running the setup as a single monitor (clamshell mode/mirrored mode) or are you running it as a dual monitor setup (extension of your desktop)? Have you tried any browser other than Safari? When the problem starts, have you tried disconnecting the cable and seeing if Safari works on the MacBook Pro by itself?

3. useapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea it still opens up but it loads the blank page. First i tried it in clamshell then i tried it in mirrored mode. I have tried firefox to and it also doesn't work. Yea thats why Im pretty sure its the cable because as soon as I disconnect it from the tv it works without any problems. Another thing I tried was turning aiport off then tethering through blue tooth off of an old samsung instinct but that wouldn't connect either. So it seem that it messes up both my aiport and bluetooth connection.

thank you for the help it is very appreciated

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Just a wild guess here, but is it possible that the TV itself is causing interference preventing the WiFi from working. Can you connect the MacBook Pro with an ethernet cable to your router/modem and see if that helps?

5. useapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I think your right is has to be interference because it works perfect when the cable is disconnected. That is a good idea but I don't have an ethernet cable long enough to reach. I will probably either get an ethernet cable that is long enough to reach so i can test it temporary or try it on some one elses tv and see if the same thing happens.

thanks for the tips and help.