Mini Display to HDMI output not working.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rossmadden, Jun 15, 2011.

1. rossmadden macrumors member

Hi everyone.

I connect my Macbook Pro to my tv using the MD/HDMI lead. It worked completely fine but all of a sudden it isn't working.

When I plug the lead in the blue screen comes up as usual, and when i change to the right input channel on my tv the blue screen again flashes as it would normally, but my macbook can't detect the tv.
    Nothing has changed, I haven't updated since last week. So i'm completely stuck.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've already reset my PRAM.

2. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

What year MBP?

I have the same problem with my 2011 MBP. I get video playing fine, but I do not get audio. I got it the first day I had it (audio over HDMI) and I haven't been able to get it working since.

3. rossmadden thread starter macrumors member

the 2011 13".
    have you changed the audio output settings to HDMI?

4. golgo1313, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011

golgo1313 macrumors regular

me too!

i've got a 2011 15" mbp. when using the kanex miniDP to hdmi adapter (which i bought for my 2008 mbp... it has three inputs, miniDP, optical audio in, and usb for power, one output hdmi) it works perfectly. when using a single miniDP to hdmi adapter that i bought from macsales as well as another moshi brand i got yesterday, neither of them work. i need the limited usb ports...

since the older kanex works, i'm inclined to think apple has changed something. i have NOT tested either of the miniDP adapters on a 2010 mbp. i don't have access to one.

when i plug in the macsales adapter, the screen goes blue for a second on the mbp. then nothing. the moshi does even less... nothing.

5. golgo1313 macrumors regular

just tested both the newertech and moshi on my wife's 13" mbp. no signal. so it must be something in my setup, and not my 15" mbp.

*sigh*