Mini display to hdmi output not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by luckyvictor, Apr 11, 2016.

1. luckyvictor macrumors newbie

Hi all

I recently purchased a Mini display to hdmi output adpator for my macbook air. I connect it to the mac and a hdmi cable between my TV, and nothing happened.

I did a search on google, and seems like this output port stop working from El Capitan, which is the operating system I am currently running now.

However, I have not been able to find any fix/solution on google, so I would like to ask whether there is a solution for this please?

Regards
    Victor

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

It should work fine. Are you able to test other combinations to rule out a defective unit in the chain? TV with other cables, other TV, other computer, etc.?

Which MacBook Air do you have?

3. luckyvictor thread starter macrumors newbie

t
    thanks for your reply.

since i have only one adaptor, so i can't change it. I tested the cable, it works. I use the adaptor on my other iMac, and it does not work as well. However, this iMac is also running latest El Capitan.

The macbook air i have is mid 2012 version

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Your adaptor is defective. Which version of OS X your machines use should have no effect.

5. luckyvictor thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope my adaptor is really defective, as I search online and a lot of people complain about this stops working from El Capitan.

I will order another one to try

6. organic bond macrumors regular

I have a 2015 MBA + El Capitan, no issues at all with my Mini Display to HDMI adaptor.

7. luckyvictor thread starter macrumors newbie