Mini displayport -in adapter...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CromulentChriss, Feb 19, 2009.

1. CromulentChriss macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been looking around and couldn't find anything on this: I just wanted to know if someone's knows anything about an adapter for a mini displayport out (on the new cinema displays). What I want is to connect one of the new cinema displays to my black macbook. I guess there's no adapter like this out no - but do you think there ever will be?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple won't make one, but that doesn't mean that Monoprice or someone else won't.

Keep checking around, but we've heard nothing on this front.

3. CromulentChriss thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey, I just kind of thought this was kind of apple's deal - and if anyone was going to make them it had to be them...but if someone else can make the cinema displays more available I'm all up for it

4. blackbudget macrumors newbie

ghey

i think a lot of people are waiting for this adapter. all of the dvi desktops and notebooks out there and FINALLY a new display from apple...yet it is incompatible. with the new stand-alone graphics upgrade kit out now, i don't see apple coming out with an adapter. why let people use the $900 display they have been waiting for years to buy for $50 when you can sell them an internal upgrade for $350? They will even let me install it myself, unlike a wifi upgrade.

i don't know how long i can wait for an adapter. i don't know if it's even possible to do that, i assume it is if you can go the opposite way.

i may end up having to go with a 3rd party display.