Mini DisplayPort to Dual HDMI Drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hallyb, Mar 3, 2013.

1. hallyb macrumors newbie

Salutations.

I have a late-2012 MBP with OSX 10.8.2 and a single thunderbolt port. I am trying to drive dual monitors at 1920x1200 (= 3840x1200) via this port through Zotac's dual HDMI adapter (link below).

Can anyone suggest the best driver / multimonitor software to accomplish this task?

Many thanks to you! :)

Mark

Adapter Link:
    http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-mini-displayport-to-dual-hdmi-adaptor.html

2. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

There isn't any software or drivers to support an adapter like this. It either works or it doesn't.

If both monitors are working when plugged into the adapter, you probably need to tweak the display settings in OS X under system preferences.

3. hallyb thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, thanks. It's delivered on Tuesday... so fingers crossed! Thank you for the expertise.

4. hallyb thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it worked... sort of. The Mini DisplayPort pushes out to both 1920x1200 monitors almost normally, except the MBP thinks there is only one giant monitor connected (3840x1200).

Now if only I could locate software that would split a single desktop into 2 virtual desktops, I'd be set.

5. defektion macrumors regular

6. hallyb thread starter macrumors newbie

defektion,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately Powerdesk requires a physical connection to the Matrox hardware in order to get through the setup.

I'm really surprised there isn't an OS X utility to split desktops, but the new real estate is a lot better than nothing.