Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thiol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Hi all,

People with Macbook Pros are having severe problems connecting to a 30 inch external monitor with a mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI adaptor:
http://gizmodo.com/5119858/apples-m...nk-dvi-adapter-has-periodic-distortion-issues

The problem does not appear to happen with a Macbook Air. Has anyone seen similar issues with Macbooks? If you have an external 30 inch monitor, could you please let us know if the adaptor is or is not working for you?

Thanks!

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

From what I've read, the problem is at times alleviated by switching the power consumption mode to "better performance". A test with my MBA at the apple store did exactly that; was scrambled at first, on two displays, and then after switching seemed to work fine.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

From what I've read, the problem is at times alleviated by switching the power consumption mode to "better performance". A test with my MBA at the apple store did exactly that; was scrambled at first, on two displays, and then after switching seemed to work fine.

Except the MacBook doesn't have a switch that switches from "Better Battery" to "Better Performance"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.