Mini-displayport to DVI male cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reiger, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Reiger macrumors regular

I've got a 13" MBP. I'm looking to buy a new monitor. However the back of the monitor is going to be in plane sight and I've got little room to hide the cables, or to do any proper cable management at all. Therefore I don't want to use an adapter and a cable, I just want one cable.

However, it seems that just isn't available. I've tried searching on Google, MacRumors, EBay etc., however I can't find any mini-displayport to DVI male cable? I can't be the only one looking for such a cable. So who found one?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There is no such a thing I guess. You need adapter and cable

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Make one

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

5. Reiger thread starter macrumors regular

The guys at MonoPrice couldn't tell me anything about availability. Plus I kinda need it when I buy the monitor.

Maybe I'll sway over to the LED Cinema Display. It is gorgeous after all, just a bit expensive :rolleyes:

6. kenobe23 macrumors member

I just ordered one from monoprice today. I got an email from them saying they were available, so I bought one. Last week the site wouldn't let me order one cause they were out of stock, but now you should be fine.

It certainly seems worth it to me to buy the $10 adapter over the more expensive monitor. On the other hand I already have an LCD so it was less of a debate for me.